4.02.2011

Craft for the CURE!: Just B-Cause: Shop for a CURE!

Craft for a CURE!- Alice's Owl
I am happy (happy might be an understatement) to announce that Alice's Owl will be hostessing a booth at the Shop for a CURE! event Saturday April 23rd.  This event is is put on by Just B-Cause and the Coconutter Strutters and all proceeds will go to support the Susan G Komen Foundation.  (*This includes all donations collected at the door, money collected in raffles, and all donations that the vendors make.*) 
[**Event Info Below]

For those who do not know, I am a two time cancer survivor myself.  I say this with pride!  I am a two-time survivor of cervical cancer and am blessed to get to write this sentence!  I am also blessed to be a good friend of more than one person who has fought and won the battle against breast cancer.  My mentor and the woman who convinced me that I could follow my dream to be an artist, despite that I was on the path of academia is a survivor of breast cancer and it was she who told me that it was my gift of being a survivor was going to merge with my art and be one of the many gifts I offered in my next career.  She is right!
Celebrate Life!

I am stronger on this end of my own battle, and I am even more thankful for my friends, family, and every breath of oxygen I take.  I am more thankful for every sunny day and for every rainy day... even the slush and slosh in Michigan winters.  Colors are more vibrant and tears are more wet.  I am unbelievably grateful for every experience and the opportunity to have it!  The chance to participate in an event and to raise money that can provide others an opportunity to call themselves a survivor is truly a privilege and blessing; an event that can allow other human beings more breaths, more sunshine, and more raindrops.  Too many friends have been lost to cancer; too many others diagnosed.  My art is my gift and my way of not only beautifying the world, but also of making a change.
I hope that those of you who are close will join me on April 23rd, along with a fantastic selection of other vendors who span interests and industries but share a common passion, and help us to make a change.  Help us to stomp out cancer!  Join me to remind everyone whose life cancer has touched that we WILL win this battle! 

For those of you who are reading this and are outside of my area or can't make it-- you can still help.  On the day of the event, like many vendors, I will be donating 15% of my sales to the Susan G Komen Foundation.  In recognition that many of you are across the country and cannot get to the event, I will donate 15% of all sales in my shop the entire week prior to the event also.  That total will be announced in the announcement of my shop at the end of the fundraising event.  The dates of the Susan G Komen fundraiser on Alice's Owl are April 15th- April 22nd.  I will post more information about this event in my shop as we get closer, but I wanted to begin to raise awareness about it now!

Alice's Owl: Creatively handcrafted gifts
for people, homes, & souls.
For those of you who *do* plan to attend the event, here are the details, including a full list of vendors!

Just B-Cause Shop for a CURE!
April 23rd,  9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

**Benefiting the Susan G. Komen Foundation**
  • FREE Admission; Donations Accepted at the Door
  • FREE Shopping Bag to the first 200 People
  • Over 100 unique vendors (see continually growing list below)
  • Raffle Items... and more!
**Select vendors will be donating a percentage of their sales from the day.  Be sure to watch for this as you shop for a cure!**

Location:  Barry County Expo Center
                  1350 N. M-37 Hwy
                  Hastings, MI 49058

List of Vendors: (Still Growing-- Updated Bi-weekly)
  • ALICE'S OWL
  • ARM CANDY PURSES
  • ATHOME AMERICA
  • AVON
  • BARB'S BOUTIQUE
  • BAREFOOT BOOKS
  • BATH FITTER
  • BEAUTICONTROL
  • BELLAMORA
  • BIGG DOGG PRODUCTIONS
  • CAPTURED MEMORIES
  • CHINA TREASURES
  • COOKIE LEE JEWELRY
  • CREATIVE MEMORIES
  • DEBBIE SPENCER
  • DO YOU BAKE?
  • DROP PLATE GRAFIX
  • ELEMENTS
  • FUNAMALS
  • GRAND VALLEY GOLD & SILVER/LIL TEAMMATES
  • IT WORKS! GLOBAL
  • JAVAFIT
  • JEWELS BY PARK LANE
  • JOCKEY PERSON TO PERSON
  • KELE & CO.
  • KIKA PAPRIKA
  • LIA SOPHIA
  • LONGABERGER COMPANY
  • LUV'EM CUPCAKES
  • MARY KAY
  • MIA BELLA GOURMET CANDLES
  • MICHE BAGS
  • MROCKSTAR DESIGNS
  • MSTQ SOLE SISTERS
  • PAM'S PANTRY
  • PAMPERED CHEF
  • PREMIER DESIGNS JEWELRY
  • THE RICE GUYZ
  • SCENTSY WICKLESS CANDLES
  • SHAKLEE
  • SILPADA
  • THE SLUSHIE MAN
  • STELLA & DOT
  • SWEET SOPHIA'S CREATIONS
  • TASTEFULLY SIMPLE
  • TREASURED BLESSINGS
  • TUPPERWARE
  • WILDCRAFTED SIBERIAN CHAGA
  • WILDTREE

Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.




Just B-Cause LLC
Coconutter Strutters



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading :-). I love comments!