6.03.2011

Where or where did the owl go? ... Where is she headed?

It's been WAY too long since I posted my last post. So much is happening!

The Susan G. Komen shop for a cure event went off without a hitch and Alice's Owl spread her wings and soared into yet another arena of the art and craft world! I am happy to announce that I did very well and was able to make a very considerate donation to the Coconutter Strutter's, and to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for a Cure!!! :-D. Thank you to everyone who came out to support Alice's Owl at the event and stopped by the booth to say hello! What an amazing group to work with! A special thank you to Just B-cause for putting the event on!!!

And now for more hoot-worthy news... I am moving!!! (Hence the posts have slid of the radar this past month...). To clarify, I, personally, am moving. Alice's Owl will remain at Etsy! The actual workshop/ studio space(s) of Alice's Owl will also be moving however!!! No worries, I move in a week and once I'm moved, posting will resume as per usual!

Moving... I'm not just packing the nest, I'm packing up the whole tree! I've moved a number of times in my life, but never like this! I've decided to move out of the state!!! The opportunity has presented itself on a few occassions and this time nearly everything fell into place. I'm headed to a smaller "land", but one I am excited to go to with fantastic inspiration and blog-worthy/ art-worthy inspiration! :-) (My first "trip" to explore resulted in over 260 pictures of a photo journal for myself if that says anything... and that was me being conservative with my photography!) In addition to moving out of the state for the first time (and doing it alone), I'll also be moving my entire art and craft enterprise/Indieprise with me! Anyone else done this recently??? I had NO IDEA how much inventory etc. I had!!! (Well I did, but packing it is much more real!)

I am excited. I am nervous. More than anything I've been so incredibly busy getting everything in one state settled and everything in another state started! I don't expect that to change anytime soon!

Another thing won't change... me doing what I love! It took me well over a decade to decide to do art professionally, to start Alice's Owl, and to find myself. I am headed out for wider space with just that in mind! The owl is here to stay, it's just time to find her a better home for her tree. This does mean additionally creative adventures in home decor and the like in the near future! (And more painting, but this time on the walls!!!)

In appreciation for everyone who has supported the beginning of my venture- thank you!!! In appreciation for all of those of you who have supported this next step, THANK YOU, you are appreciated and admired! And to all who come in the future... THANK YOU, you are what makes this great! I will see you all on the other side of all of these boxes and writing from a new home and studio!

~"They call me Alice"

1 comment:

  1. Very excited for you - such wonderful adventures ahead of you!! Keep us posted as you blaze new trails and know that you are very loved and admired!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading :-). I love comments!