3.31.2011

Raw Creativity: A Piece of Myself

Fluffy Feathered Owl Greetings!  Wishing everyone a Hooooting Happy Thursday :-).  I am registering the blog with technorati today so please forgive the code... ASQGA3WCM6HQ. 

I won't just post a blog for that though, blah! Today I thought I'd share a little of my own creativity with you all.  Creativity that doesn't usually get exposed as often, the rawer side of creativity!  Creativity isn't always just what we put in our Etsy shops or what we sell as artists.  It comes in many shapes and forms as I have stated before.  Today, I am posting a picture of a project I did in one of my visual art therapy classes in my graduate holistic health program. 

This is an ink printing painting that I have loved since I completed it.  We "painted" with our hands, and only used one color at a time and then transferred the paper to a new station with a new color.  By the time I got to the second station I had no idea what, or where, I had drawn at the first.  I didn't have any intention when I was creating... that is, I didn't have an intention of creating anything specific. When I lifted the paper from the pink ink what I saw in that painting I will forever love!  I had captured my inner spirit that day! 

The day that I was painting happened to be V-day a few years back.  For those of you who are unfamiliar, V-day is a day and campaign to end violence against women and girls.  It is a very special cause and extraordinarily dear to my heart.  That day, I happened to paint the painting below.  It was as if my inner energy was streaming out of my finger tips and communicating to the world on the paper.  It very clearly spoke to me.  It was also the same year that I was participating in the Monologues that Eve Ensler (founder of the V-Day Campaign) also created.  The momentum was alive inside of me and it was transposed into my painting.  I am not going to tell you what I saw... one of the best things about art is that while the artist may see one thing, the viewers are allowed to interact with the art and interpret it for themselves.  What do you see in my painting?

For each piece of art, plate, bottle, vase, bar of soap, etc. that I have posted for sale, I have many more that I have created that fill my home or the homes of loved ones and friends.  I have creative journals bursting at the seems filled with all sorts of things!  I have boxes and shelves filled with 3-D art.  Today, I choose to share with you this piece of myself.  From my nest to yours...
"Hear Her Speak"- Raw Ink Rubbed Painting
By Angela Simon of Alice's Owl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading :-). I love comments!