4.22.2011

Happy Earth Day... one of my creative inspirations :-).

Happy Earth Day everyone!  Earth Day was celebrated in my home to the same capacity as nearly every other holiday as we grew up.  Now that I am an adult it has taken on such a powerful symbol to me.  I could attempt to list the environmental (and social-environmental) problems which are near to my heart and which I care about but, alas, the list would go on for quite some time... and when we got to the endangered and extinct animals, I would feel necessary to list pictures of each one so that people could see the faces of the devastation. 

This is my creative inspiration, because I often find art to create using recycled, upcycled or reused materials!  I also love to highlight living art in what I do.  Finally, it is an inspiration because often, the earth... alive and well... is an inspiration to many of the projects that I create. 

I encourage you all to check out Etsy and search for things like "recycled", "upcycled", "reused", "green" (albeit that is also going to bring up the color), "natural", "organic", "earth friendly", "fair trade", "botanical", "plants", "nature"... and so on today!  (And to continue to do it the other 364 days of the year :-)... just to see what is out there!) 

Be well... Live a colorful life... and keep a rich and colorful planet :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading :-). I love comments!